Centricity is an AI & Machine Learning company bringing actionable, customer centric insights to today’s modern retailer & CPG companies. We harness billions of customer data points for insights that lead to strategic purchase decisions. In a disrupted retail landscape, our automated data and trend spotting keeps you ahead of the curve. Modern retailing demands modern tools, and Centricity is built for that exact purpose.
As Centricity moves its clients from beta trials on our MVP platform, into fully-fledged customers, we need to improve our UI to be representative of Centricity's offerings. Our current UI offers our clients a good indication of what Centricity has to offer as a revolutionary tool to discover large gaps between consumer intent and product offerings. Going forward, our UI will be developed into a platform that provides our clients the tools and analyses to make decisions and act upon those decisions based off real data in an industry-leading speed.
About the Role
As a backend Product Manager, you will collaborate with other Product Managers, as well as Developers to maintain and improve your products and to deliver your product roadmap. You will define product requirements by gather input from business and engineering stakeholders to design and build complex backend systems.
You will manage your own sprints and regularly coordinate and be in communication with Centricity’s Head of Product and CTO in order to improve, maintain and execute your product roadmap.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Manage and maintain the product backlog.
- Manage multiple products/squads, if required.
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts and features of backend systems to business stakeholders as well as Clients.
- Experience working with engineering to design, diagram and implement system architecture.
- Able to manage individuals and coach them along their career path.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritize work by evaluating tradeoffs within the context of strategic business objectives.
- Work closely with our developers to ensure development conforms to product requirements.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking of product performance post-launch and reports up and across the organization.
- Have strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Any previous experience in the Retail industry is a huge plus!
- Competitive salary and benefits (including health, vision, dental, commuter and fitness)
- Based in New York City (remote until safe to report to office)
- Flexible hours